Actuator Integration with BMS
If you wish to use an electric actuator to automate your high level windows or louvres it is important to consider if you want a simple, partially or fully automated natural ventilation system. Our range of ventilation controllers offer varying degrees of control and can be operated independently, partially or fully controlled by a Building Management System to provide natural ventilation for your building.
All of the electric chain winders and linear actuators in the Arens electric range can be integrated with BACnet, KNX and other common Building Management Systems.
Below are a range of ways Arens make it possible to integrate your natural ventilation system with a BMS.
- For integration with most common BMS (such as Siemens, Schneider and Dynalite) all that is required is a voltage free contact.
- This will allow for operation of the Natural Ventilation System from the BMS, but status information, such as whether the windows are open or closed, will not be provided.
- Integration with BACnet is possible through voltage free contact. This will allow the BMS to operate the windows, but it will not provide it with any status information, such as whether the windows are open or closed or if there is an error.
- BACnet can support ModBus in many cases though, where the BMSline ADV range of UCS Vega Chain Winders can be used and allow for a degree of two way communication to occur. Meaning the BMS would get information as to whether the windows are open or closed and if there is an error.
- Integration with KNX is possible using a KNX Controller. This enable a degree of feedback from the controller to the BMS as to whether the windows are open or closed and will provide a signal if there is an error.
- The other way of integrating with KNX is through a voltage free contact. This will allow the BMS to operate the windows, but it will not provide it with any status information, such as whether the windows are open or closed or if there is an error.
- The UCS Vega Chain Winder Range provides the greatest level of functionality when it comes to integration with ModBus.
- Two way communication between controllers and ModBus is made possible through the Vega BMSline ADV range.
- This means that not only is operation through the BMS possible, but the BMS will also be provided with feedback as to whether the windows are open or closed or there is an error.